Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Inner Cowgirl-Yeehaw!

I am channeling my inner cowgirl. I was making a country living board on Pinterest and I was thinking of some cowgirls I admire. First of all, my neighbor has the perfect cowgirl name. It's Dixie Gee. So I was thinking what goes with Fayme? That's not much of a country name. But then I thought of Calamity Jane and Calamity Fayme was born.  Fayme rhymes with name. Now do you get it? Plus I always seem to be going through some kind of calamity.

I also like Annie Oakley, but Fayme Oakley doesn't have the same ring to it.

I've always veered away from all things country, which is hard to do when your were born in Oklahoma raised in New Mexico, ended up in the California Mohave Desert and have relatives from Arkansas.

My father did buy me the most adorable orange sequined cowgirl outfit when I was 7 or 8. Sure wish I had a photo of that. I also have a strange affinity for chickens.

Anyway, now that I live in the country which I always thought of as a desert, I'm rethinking the cowgirl thing. And a country station is on the radio.  What's happening to me?

Check out my County Living board on Pinterest darlin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment